• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Feedback on these bows

Spur

Went to an archery store last weekend. Looked for myself and for my son. He has a freaking 25" draw already. They put him on a Mission Hammr or something like that. To kit him out would be nearly 500 bucks, yikes...

I tried the PSE decree hd ti, 31.5" worked perfect for me at around 60 lbs. Bad elbow seemed to handle it without issue. 900 fully kitted.

For those bows, does the price seem reasonable for what I get? Probably base sights , quiver, stabilizer, and release on both.

For me, I don't mind paying for a bow I will use for a decade, for my son, who absolutely had a blast shooting the bow, you never know how long he will stay interested. Awful big investment for that kind of risk. Also, how good is the PSE warranty? Thanks!!!

Got my daughter a mission hype dxt around Black Friday over a year ago ready to shoot it was well under $400 she still loves it & plenty of room to grow. Plus it has enough specs an adult could hunt w/ it so figured not a bad investment.....

The hunting public did a Walmart challenge video with a bow from there. IMO a $300 to $400 bow will do just fine for any hunter. I've been archery hunting for 38years and today's bows are light years ahead from them and we killed deer with them. Heck, people still kill deer with recurve and ain't that fast. Accuracy, sharp broadheads and a heavy enough arrow to sustain energy are the most important things for hunting. If you just go for speed well....mostly louder bows....and more money. Nutterbuster did video on bows a few days ago........made a lot of sense. Just my 1/2 cent worth.

No one has talked much about the pse decree. I have monkey arms that eliminate 95% of the bows out there. Not sure if 900 for it fully kitted is reasonable.

Back