• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Figure Aider (Prusik Tender) $12 TYD

Aksisu11

Vendor Rep
Hey guys I posted this design I came up with on Facebook. Originally I was just trying to understand if anyone thought the idea was something they would be willing to buy. This will replacement the need to use a ropeman. All you need is a Prusik Knot!

I designed this up in solidworks, and I'm able to 3D print it at home using ASA material (like ABS but UV resistant). The device isn't holding a load, so there isn't a safety risk. It is based off other's ideas within this group.

I will reply with a link to a video to explain how it works too. Let me know if anyone would be interested in one, or two since you can use this on your tether and lineman's rope. I have a long and short version too. Just PM me your rope diameter, address, quantity, and style you want (long/short). I’m also working on a shizll design.

1 for $12 TYD
2 for $20 TYD

Let me know if you have any questions too! Happy hanging guys!

b89ebdd790ef27e1b92a8223d625c71d.jpg
7359f0324521dacec643d50b65d0e71e.jpg
707e1aedfa6c2c003def2d4eaa5d3106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Video explaining how to use it:

Video showing the design in solidworks:

Can you get on one stick, use the lineman around the tree and lean back like how you'd normally use it and then try to adjust it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you're providing just the plastic piece (called a tender correct?) and not the prussic/autoblock then this sounds like false advertising. I am open to being educated about this.

Can you get on one stick, use the lineman around the tree and lean back like how you'd normally use it and then try to adjust it?

Yes. I have a similar setup to this, (and I think this one would work better than mine). But basically, You lean forward a tad, toward the tree and then snug it up. They work really well! You're just pulling on the tag end of your rope, like you would with a ropeman.

Yes. It's highly recommended to use a hitch that releases better than a basic prusik though. I like a distel, but people use many different options. Test it at ground level whenever retying anything, and always use a stopper knot.

With my old setup (basically a keychain tender tied on with too weak of a cord) I broke the cord keeping my tender in place, and could *still* adjust the lineman by pulling (a bit harder) the tag end.

It cannot be overstated how much easier to release and move other hitches are than the standard prusik! The prusik is the most foolproof, simplest friction hitch, that grips in both directions so basically cannot be screwed up. Hitches like the distel only grip in one direction and release more easily.

The ropeman would not be nearly as popular if stock tethers had a distel hitch. I imagine there is some liability concern with shipping a 1-way hitch that is more picky about rope combos.

On a separate note - there may be a bigger market for custom-dimension tenders vs. 2 sizes fit all.

If you're providing just the plastic piece (called a tender correct?) and not the prussic/autoblock then this sounds like false advertising. I am open to being educated about this.

Sorry wasn’t trying to be spreading false advertisement. Just trying to let people know that this can replace the need to buy or use a ropeman. Just trying to help people out who don’t want to use a ropeman. I personally had one, but sold it because I didn’t feel comfortable/safe when putting slack in my rope. This is basically a tender just with my spin on the concept. Hope this helps!

Yes. It's highly recommended to use a hitch that releases better than a basic prusik though. I like a distel, but people use many different options. Test it at ground level whenever retying anything, and always use a stopper knot.

With my old setup (basically a keychain tender tied on with too weak of a cord) I broke the cord keeping my tender in place, and could *still* adjust the lineman by pulling (a bit harder) the tag end.

It cannot be overstated how much easier to release and move other hitches are than the standard prusik! The prusik is the most foolproof, simplest friction hitch, that grips in both directions so basically cannot be screwed up. Hitches like the distel only grip in one direction and release more easily.

The ropeman would not be nearly as popular if stock tethers had a distel hitch. I imagine there is some liability concern with shipping a 1-way hitch that is more picky about rope combos.

On a separate note - there may be a bigger market for custom-dimension tenders vs. 2 sizes fit all.

Thanks for sharing all that information. I have personally never tried a distel hitch , but I’m thinking about it. I have done very like research on how to use it. A few guys have asked me to design and 3D print a shizll design, which I believe is used in conjunction with a distel hutch.

On the topic of custom-dimension tenders. Are you mostly talking about the diameter of the holes to accommodate different rope sizes? Or pretty much what ever a person can, or want to see in a design?

Thanks for sharing all that information. I have personally never tried a distel hitch , but I’m thinking about it. I have done very like research on how to use it. A few guys have asked me to design and 3D print a shizll design, which I believe is used in conjunction with a distel hutch.

On the topic of custom-dimension tenders. Are you mostly talking about the diameter of the holes to accommodate different rope sizes? Or pretty much what ever a person can, or want to see in a design?

Your design is much longer than my preference. I use a kong keychain that's maybe an inch, inch and a half long. One of the side benefits of going distel is that you can re-snug your termination knots to really get slack minimized. might need the shizl type design to really trim down length.

Back