• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Filming from same tree?

CamoMan

Anyone film someone’s hunt from the same tree? My buddy is coming up for a hunt and I want to film the hunt from the same tree. Is it best to find one with a split trunk? Or can I set up a platform to the weak side of his? We both have saddles. Curious as to what others have done.

I have absolutely no experience filming, but have hunted with 2 people in saddles from the same tree multiple times.

2 trunk setups don’t work as well as you would think, because you can’t both set up in the ideal position which would be the middle of the split. You’ll each probably be on a side lean which sucks.

If you’re climbing with sticks then I think the best way is set your platforms 180 degrees from each other on opposite sides and the top of your last stick on the back of the tree right in between you at the same height as your platforms. This way one guy can walk over to the stick if need be and shoot 360 degrees. I do this alone a lot too for the same reason but it’s really helpful to hide 2 guys in the saddle.

Back