• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FILMING HUNTS!

MA_PAdeerslayer

Hey guys, recently bought a place in NY and looking to start filming our hunts for memories sake. Me my brother our 5 kids my old man and our newly made best friend neighbor up there. Looking for a list to get started on with what I need etc! Figure a bunch here film so might be easier than shopping around and searching!
Thanks guys

Probably the cheapest and easiest thing you could do is get a phone arm from CGM and use your phone. @always89y can hook you up. Try that for a season and see if you want to then jump in the deep end of the pool.

Probably the cheapest and easiest thing you could do is get a phone arm from CGM and use your phone. @always89y can hook you up. Try that for a season and see if you want to then jump in the deep end of the pool.

Coupled with what @BTaylor said look into one of these bad boys: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099ZYM3YT/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=&psc=1

If you're just using your phone it can't be beat on a mount. Are you going all in with legit cameras or just trying to use your phone is the question

Definately getting a camera! Should had added that sorry.
Next question is do you want to be able to use the camera for more than just video or only planning to shoot video? Ballpark budget?

My setup is a sony A6000 with the 18-105 G lens. I mount that on a LWCG pocket arm. It makes for a reasonably light and compact setup.

One thing I didn't realize until I started to film was how important being about to quickly and easily manual focus. Anytime your in thick cover your camera will want to focus on everything but what you want. The only good solution it seems is a remote of some sort like a lanc controller. I would recommend at least considering a camera with the capability when you are buying.

I'm curious if anybody has other solutions or work arounds for this problem.

just video…no pictures. We have a camera for that. Leaning twords a camcorder. We’ll probably spend $2k on everything if we need to for decent stuff. Don’t want junk but we’re also not filming TV shows

I really like my lwcg pocket arm but I haven't tried any others. If you go that route. I would recommend removing the bolt from the arm and replacing it with a quick release pin so you can set it and then mount the arm. Makes it a lot easier to set.

I really like my lwcg pocket arm but I haven't tried any others. If you go that route. I would recommend removing the bolt from the arm and replacing it with a quick release pin so you can set it and then mount the arm. Makes it a lot easier to set.
Do you have any pics of your setup? Not sure I want to go this route but I'm intrigued.

Back