• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Filming in bad weather

MCDM

Vendor Rep
So i have a canon g40 and im wondering how you guys protect your gear while in the rain or snow? I have been looking for covers but am not finding anything. I don’t sit home in bad weather and am looking for a rain cover and a cold weather cover. Any suggestions would be great?

I will add i have in the past just put the gear away. This year i plan on posting alot of videos inspired by my man @g2outdoors and @flinginairos the saddlehunting godfathers of youtube!!! I don’t want to miss anything and want to showcase as much of my experiences to share with y’all!!

i won't sit home in the rain but my camera does lol. I know I am not answering your question! I am sure something is out there to solve your problem!

Lol im sure but im searching high and low. It seems the market is more to the dslr and mirrorless cams along with the monster pro production camcorders!!

This is my first year and I’m using something a lot cheaper than a g40. I plan to just cover it with a small dry bag until the rain stops. That’s usually when I start sewing game anyway. If an inadvertent drop falls out of the camera and ruins it after the rain I’ll have to re think my plan on the next one.

This is my first year and I’m using something a lot cheaper than a g40. I plan to just cover it with a small dry bag until the rain stops. That’s usually when I start sewing game anyway. If an inadvertent drop falls out of the camera and ruins it after the rain I’ll have to re think my plan on the next one.

Yeah i thought of this but i do see alot in those bad weather days so im hoping someone knows of an option that doesn’t inhibit filming

I have a water proof bag I carry my camera in. I left it at base of tree, and I'm convinced it cost me punching my Missouri tag last year...

Having said that - what about a small camo umbrella attached to the arm. Might be a little awkward, but could work, with limiting where you're pointing it

I watch the weather as close as I can and make a determination then. I have had times that a stray mist or shower to show up and I pack it as deeply in bags as I can. I don't have much, but what I do have I want to keep!

I will carry a 1 gallon ziplock bag and if it rains my camcorder will go in the bag and in my pack for the duration. I will rely on my tacticam and cellphone

All viable options but im looking to film during those times unobstructed. I appreciate everyone jumping in and i just think I will have to make one with the ole injector!!

Bumping this post as I'm in the same boat. Did you ever find a solution? I have an AX53 and was told by Campbell their rain covers will not work for my camera. Also interested. Any more positive outcomes or ideas generated?

Cheap tree umbrella from Walmart, if they have em in stock. Probably can find on amazon. If it starts raining unexpectedly, I’ll put my hat or a Kroger bag over the camera.

Careful walking through wet underbrush, I killed a camera back during turkey season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back