• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally decided to pull the trigger on an H2 saddle

Parkerbow

After much debate back and forth and trolling saddle websites I finally decided to go with an H2 saddle with the leg straps and Triad bridge. I am gonna use the one stick method with a Hawk Helium stick with an aider and a platform built on the top of the stick. I am also going to rappel back down the tree. I think this set up is going to allow me more mobility on the HNF and be able to hike longer back in the big timber.

Congrats! You won’t regret the H2. I have it too and love it. Don’t have any experience with other saddles to compare but I don’t feel like I need any other either. I tried 1 sticking with hawk helium too and was easier than I thought it would be. I ordered 1 beast stick for this just because I want no moving parts and just wanted one anyway. Should be here eventually, probably after all the virus junk.

To the previous poster, you can order a triad bridge and put it on yourself. No cutting or splicing. Very easy. Heath (I assume) shows you how to do it on YouTube and he explains it really nicely for someone like me that can’t follow rope directions to save his life normally. It’s well worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my H2 so far.
But I put a variation of the ultibridge/triad on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m 3 weeks into my wait for my H2. Gettin antsy
That is why I went ahead and ordered the thing very early. I do not "need" the thing until Oct 1st, but wanted to make sure I got it early to practice with and who knows about the crazy times we are in now if places are gonna even be in business.

I have almost the same setup. I went back and forth too. H2 or Phantom. I bought the Phantom. I love it, but I think the H2 is just as good. It's just a Chevy/Ford thing to me.

Either way you can't go wrong. Both made in America and not China. I just wish the made in America tag was bigger. LOL

I placed a order for mine yesterday. Seems like it's going to be a good one.

I may order the triage bridge after things normalize

Not hard to make with Amsteel but it’s a good bridge system IMO. Probably about the same price in Amsteel and shipping as he has it offered so a good deal too. The dyneema he uses tends to bite a little harder than the name brand Amsteel but still rides nice.

Sent from parts unknown

Love my h2, so much more comfortable on me than other ones I have been fortunate enough to try.

Give it time to get used to, and most likely you'll love it too

Fellow Hoosier and H2 saddle owner here. Didn't get a lot of sits with mine last season but it was comfortable when I did. Problem was my platform. But I got a Ridge Runner that should solve that.

I've had an H2 for a while now and it had the webbing bridge on it which wasn't bad. I then put a Triad bridge on it and it made it more comfortable but was a pain to adjust once loaded. I've since gone with an Amsteel utili-type bridge and its a winner. I'll probably sell the Phantom I just got.

Love my h2, so much more comfortable on me than other ones I have been fortunate enough to try.

Give it time to get used to, and most likely you'll love it too
Good to hear. I am already looking forward to September. Finished my heavy arrow build, yes I jumped on the bandwagon, total weight dialed in was 570 grain. 250 grains up front. Oh yeah.
Hey, do you have room up there for one more bowhunter?

Back