• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FINALLY! Got a good buck down!

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Ended my Ohio season this morning at 8:45am. I’ve been hunting Ohio and WV hard this year and have logged nearly 120hrs of actual saddle time and 34 days of hunting. I’ve been nearly 100% mobile, hunting a different tree every sit. I’ve had encounters with six mature bucks at under 30 yards that all slipped away with no shot! To say I was getting frustrated was an understatement! This morning was my last day of the hunt in Ohio and honestly my mind was elsewhere. I was missing my wife and kids and was looking forward to getting down and heading home. I had seen nothing and hopes were pretty low and just like many hunts during the rut that all changed fast! I saw this buck running quickly toward my only shooting lane giving me less than ten seconds to decide to shoot, grab my bow, turn to my weak side on the Predator platform and get drawn. He entered my lane and I grunted to stop him and he took a few extra steps before stopping behind some limbs. I had a small hole so I settled the pin and squeezed and the arrow hit him exactly where I was aiming. He ran off and I watched him fall 80 yards away. Just as he crashed I heard another deer running and I turn around to see our #1 target buck standing 15 yards away broadside with no clue I’m there! LOL! I am very happy with this buck and proud for passing so many deer with hope that it would pay off and it sure did this morning. The Mantis saddle and Predator platform were a huge part in staying mobile and I can honestly say have taken my saddle game to the next level. Now I’m off to try and fill a WV tag!!
f806f0e2c3af28581b1269970c8525e5.jpg

3b5e474493fe19d8724807eeadf5e0ae.jpg

OhioBuck18_P1110758.jpg
OhioBuck18_P1110729.jpg
OhioBuck18_DSC_0009.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats...Nice to see hard work and persistence pay off.

Back