• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally got to hunt

Bro A Mo

Dec 24, 2018
Well, today is the last day of deer season here in MS. I finally got to do an actual hunt with my saddle yesterday . I went to some public land and got set up a little after day light. I used 4 steps with swaider and insider to get about 24 feet up. Saw 5 deer, one of which was a good shooter. I had my bow and he was 55-60yds and went the wrong way from there. He was also directly behind me. I almost took my gun and if I would have, it would have been game over for buck. I learned a good bit and realized I need to practice moving and getting shot angles. Also tree size matters!! It was very exciting and honestly I was a little nervous.
It was way better getting in and out. I had hunted the same area earlier in the season with my climber and it was brutal getting in and out. Anyway, it was fun and I can’t wait for next year. Going to try to do a lot of practice and trial run during off season..

Reactions: Kurt and rutjr