• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally some quality time with my Kestrel

10essee

Well since turkey season is over in Florida now I finally got some time to hang for an extended period of time today after work. I had tested tether and bridge length previously and found what I liked best at ground level. Today I took my new sticks based on Bowhunter15 design and my Dave aider with my Bullman platform and made 20” in short order.

I hung for a good hour just relaxing and adjusting backbelt and cupping pressure of saddle. Once I felt most comfortable I just chilled and had a great time pretending to kill deer from every possible position I could rotate to.

I’m finding the sense of security from a saddle very reassuring. Rotating around the tree and pivoting my hips felt very natural other than the slight mis-spacing of my platform steps. Will definitely work on that.

In closing I’d like to thank everyone here for a place so full of knowledge that any saddle novice can safely enjoy this style of hunting. Next is getting my longbow up in there with my a kill some pine cones to get ready. Can’t wait till September. Thanks fellas.

I have 6 quick sits in mine and have not found peace yet. I will not quit as I did with the tree suit.
I do love it I just haven't found that 100% safe feeling yet...I know it will come.
Of course I have been splicing amsteel whoopies using ropemans all sorts of things that should of waited until I mastered the basics.

The ropeman on my tether was the final piece that brought my setup together. No more having to wrestle the pursik to go from sitting to leaning or vice versa. I love the mobility and ease of the saddle. Absolute great addition to my hunting arsenal

Great post! Welcome to the club. You're doing all the right things!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Thanks G2. I feel like it’s coming together. Hopefully I’ll get it couple of summer hog sits to see how live animal practice goes.

Back