• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

finishing my rig. 9 I hope)

martian

i purchased the H2 from Brighton mi. and am happy with it, added a dump bag from army surplus store, and think I need one more, ( $1.99) . but I decided I needed to amp up my climbing belt, and tether. got some rope from REI, and 2 ropeman 1.s I think I will like them the most.actually, when prepping trees on my private props. I may use a life line and forget about the belt, 9 once everything is done), . one other thing , ( i guess there is always one other thing), I am going to look into bolts . i use stagger steps, but I am not good at it, and I prefer, the 3piece stack together climbing sticks, but the stagger steps serve as my platform as well, sinc I put a small piece of ply on the top step

I would be interested in seeing a picture of the plywood platform that you use with you stagger steps as I too have the stagger steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i purchased the H2 from Brighton mi. and am happy with it, added a dump bag from army surplus store, and think I need one more, ( $1.99) . but I decided I needed to amp up my climbing belt, and tether. got some rope from REI, and 2 ropeman 1.s I think I will like them the most.actually, when prepping trees on my private props. I may use a life line and forget about the belt, 9 once everything is done), . one other thing , ( i guess there is always one other thing), I am going to look into bolts . i use stagger steps, but I am not good at it, and I prefer, the 3piece stack together climbing sticks, but the stagger steps serve as my platform as well, sinc I put a small piece of ply on the top step
cmcclain88 the platform was 12 x 12. I cut the center out, as it was too hard to step over, if you can see, the middle is 2 inches past the step, making it 8,, I left about 3 on each side but took 2 in. off the end of the original 12 , making it 9-10. I thought the additional extensions would assist if you have to go on the side of the platform, both of your feet would fit. I may do another one it will be prolly 14 wide and 8 in the center, but with the additional width, I can take more out of the middle ,making climbing through it easier. I wear binos, and occasionally the strap hooks on the part sticking out so I need a bigger hole in the middle. Because it is so simple, I am not sure that I can't do without the outer extensoins and just make it 8 x 14
EFBD1F5A-14CD-40D0-916B-01F8382CA288.jpeg

cmcclain88 the platform was 12 x 12. I cut the center out, as it was too hard to step over, if you can see, the middle is 2 inches past the step, making it 8,, I left about 3 on each side but took 2 in. off the end of the original 12 , making it 9-10. I thought the additional extensions would assist if you have to go on the side of the platform, both of your feet would fit. I may do another one it will be prolly 14 wide and 8 in the center, but with the additional width, I can take more out of the middle ,making climbing through it easier. I wear binos, and occasionally the strap hooks on the part sticking out so I need a bigger hole in the middle. Because it is so simple, I am not sure that I can't do without the outer extensoins and just make it 8 x 14
View attachment 20807

Thanks, I guess I’ve never thought of using those as a platform, seems this site always has me working on my “next” project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you noticed, I also cut an arch on the inside to make sure the legs made contact with the tree. I knew their would be alterations made so this is hardly a piece of art. actually, I cut the extensions down on the first sit, with my branch sutting saws, I needed modifications then, lol. when it is all said and done, I pill take it off, and maybe up the thickness just a little this may be 3/8 can/t recall and I know doing this everyone is weight concious, but not having to fiddle with a platform is worth the few ounces

Back