• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Decent Deer on camera (Spring 22)

jonkytron

Did some scouting on a remote piece of public last week. Found some nice deer trails, made a mock scrape, and put up a cell camera. A few days later I saw this guy on the mock scrape. Boy did this get me pumped up. He looks nice and fat :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 7.22.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 7.22.23 AM.png
    942.4 KB · Views: 153
Did some scouting on a remote piece of public last week. Found some nice deer trails, made a mock scrape, and put up a cell camera. A few days later I saw this guy on the mock scrape. Boy did this get me pumped up. He looks nice and fat :)
Awesome bro.
may i ask when did you place your camera and how often are you checking it?

Very nice. He's got a big body for sure and rack coming in nicely. Might end up having a bunch of interesting junk on his left side. Good luck with him.

Awesome bro.
may i ask when did you place your camera and how often are you checking it?
Put my camera out June 1. It’s a cell cam so
It sends pics whenever there are deer. I used to use normal trail cameras but realized I was blowing up my spots by leaving scent. Hunted 2 seasons without cameras and did better without them. Now I know that trail cameras lie.. meaning that what you see before deer Season doesn’t translate.. but the pics get me excited and let me know if there are deer around at least

Last edited:
Back