• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First deer from a saddle

Matt8487

Went out after work yesterday and what started out as the worst hunt I've had this year turned out to be the best so far.
Somebody where I wanted to go, blowing deer on the way in, and a tangled pull up rope. Hunted some fresh trails in a very small bowl. About 6:00 I had a deer come in from directly behind me and stop at the base of my tree. I drew back as it was coming in and when it stopped I realized it was a spike. I was having a internal debate in my head when I heard another deer coming. A big doe came in on my weak side . She knew something wasn't right and ran out in front of me to 30 yards and turned broadside. I drew back, ran through my shot checks and let fly. I heard a good pop and saw her mule kick. Got down and checked my arrow, it looked great so I started the track job. She only went 30 yards. I've been loving hunting from a saddle but I think I'm hooked for sure now.
2f1d77a190499102bfc9f243497b4035.jpg

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Nice job. What a hole...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats!!

opening day tomorrow AM for me so im calling in sick and hoping to get my 1st saddle kill!!

Back