• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Deer In The Saddle

Doe down! Third attempt with a Aero Kestrel tree saddle. My buddy and I got it all on film and I'll share that later on. My buddy was set up in a tree right next to me with his hang on stand. Doe came in about 4:45 tonight. Had rained most of today and finally let up. I typically would pass on a doe during rut but I've been itching to shoot and fill that tag. Also wanted to get it done in the saddle. She came into an opening to my right. I went up and over the bridge easily. I wasnt sure if anything was behind her but I gave a meh when she came to 15 yards and let the arrow go. I double lunged her and got to watch her run 50 yards and barrel roll over the hill. Come to find out there was a smaller buck behind her. We gave a few grunts and another buck came in. Nice 8. My buddy had his long bow so I switched over to camera man. Found filmingbhim to be pretty easy in the saddle. Both of the bucks didnt want to leave that doe and kept messing with her. The 8 finally came up to within 15 yards or so but caught our wind. My buddy took a shot but clipped a limb and had a clean miss. Almost had the double. I'll try to fill that buck tag sometime soon. Very exciting hunt and I'm happy as can be to shoot one from my tree saddle with my new Elite bow.

Back