• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

first diy saddle

SapperWeis

This is my first saddle build, I found that a couple other guys on the forum have made saddles with similar design. I had 2in webbing on hand and basically based the dimensions off of a sit drag. I have shot from it at from the height of one stick and is fairly comfortable for safety I will be wearing a rock harness at hunting height.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 235
Thanks, I did it all by hand with a speedy stitcher. It was slow at first but once I got the hang of it, it went fairly quick. It helps to draw out the stitch pattern befor stitching. Next investment is a sewing machine.

Thanks, I did it all by hand with a speedy stitcher. It was slow at first but once I got the hang of it, it went fairly quick. It helps to draw out the stitch pattern befor stitching. Next investment is a sewing machine.
Thats all done with lock stitches with a speedy stitcher?? BRAVO!I've had one for 10 years I use pretty regularly and my stuff still looks like an 8 year old trying to color after a dose of cough medicine ...

This is my first saddle build, I found that a couple other guys on the forum have made saddles with similar design. I had 2in webbing on hand and basically based the dimensions off of a sit drag. I have shot from it at from the height of one stick and is fairly comfortable for safety I will be wearing a rock harness at hunting height.

I have a Speedy Stitcher and an obsession, just like you, my friend. Gonna copy your genius design. It's like the SitDrag had a baby with the Anderson Sling. Wonderful!

It should work. Add a belt and some molle loops to make it more user friendly. Be careful anytime you trust your life to DIY stuff. We all do it around here, just do extensive testing from the safety of the ground.

It should work. Add a belt and some molle loops to make it more user friendly. Be careful anytime you trust your life to DIY stuff. We all do it around here, just do extensive testing from the safety of the ground.
I am adding a belt to the saddle, I wear a waist pack and found that it works well with my set up. I will at all times have my rock harness connected to my tether just in case if a failure were to occurs. Safety first!!

Looks about like my first as well. I added a homemade camo fleece sleeve over it, with a piece of memory foam inside. Very comfy!

Nice job, and be safe!

Back