• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First hunt with the Aero hunter evolution.

devildog

Nov 1, 2014
St Charles, MO
So today was my first hunt with my new Aero, actually it was my first hunt with any saddle. I was up for about 4 hours and loved it. I did purchase the extra back support and didn't find that it worked well on the back but I stood up and slipped it under my but like a swing and it made the saddle really comfortable. Without the strap I felt a lot of pressure on the my sides around where the main belt is. Not sure if I have my saddle adjusted properly.

alukban

Oct 19, 2014
Today was my first time hunting in the AeroHunter also :)

I saw a nice buck with small horns about 40y out from me... except for I was still on the ground just about to set up to climb the tree! LOL! Me and this buck did a little peek-a-boo around the 1' diam birch for about 15 minutes and I even drew back on him twice, once while kneeling. The guy couldn't figure out what I was. I never got a really good shoot but he came in as close as less than 20y. If I were in my tree, it would've been over!

It's cool though that I literally had all my gear still on me (rope biner'd to the accessory loops, LW climbing seat still over my shoulder, etc) but I was making like a tree. I guess the AeroHunter saddle is comfy and quiet enough to hunt and stalk on the ground too then, eh?! :mrgreen:

778CB6CA-36CA-4FF2-B0AC-14D1CD02EE4D_zpsklq58yyw.jpg

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
devildog said:
So today was my first hunt with my new Aero, actually it was my first hunt with any saddle. I was up for about 4 hours and loved it. I did purchase the extra back support and didn't find that it worked well on the back but I stood up and slipped it under my but like a swing and it made the saddle really comfortable. Without the strap I felt a lot of pressure on the my sides around where the main belt is. Not sure if I have my saddle adjusted properly.

Welcome to the site! :D

I completely loosen the waist band once I get up in the tree and I like that much better.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
alukban said:
Today was my first time hunting in the AeroHunter also :)

I saw a nice buck with small horns about 40y out from me... except for I was still on the ground just about to set up to climb the tree! LOL! Me and this buck did a little peek-a-boo around the 1' diam birch for about 15 minutes and I even drew back on him twice, once while kneeling. The guy couldn't figure out what I was. I never got a really good shoot but he came in as close as less than 20y. If I were in my tree, it would've been over!

It's cool though that I literally had all my gear still on me (rope biner'd to the accessory loops, LW climbing seat still over my shoulder, etc) but I was making like a tree. I guess the AeroHunter saddle is comfy and quiet enough to hunt and stalk on the ground too then, eh?! :mrgreen:

778CB6CA-36CA-4FF2-B0AC-14D1CD02EE4D_zpsklq58yyw.jpg

Awesome! Are you wearing golf gloves and bowling shoes up there?? :lol:

alukban

Oct 19, 2014
Nah dude! :mrgreen:

Those are plain ol' leather work gloves from Lowes and the boots are Nike SFB's that have a special foot locking tread for rope work... bet yer gonna look them up now eh?! ;) HEE HEE

The other cool thing was I did not even have face camo/paint, wearing a black cap and just a dark green fleece hoodie but with camo insulated overalls. The deer are definitely acting brazen and dumb now - wish it wasn't Sunday!

The LW hand climber seat seemed to work fine BTW. I tested it a bunch while only a foot off the ground. It seems best to simply tie to the seat frame as close to the tree as possible. I put an alpine knot on the line so I could use a trucker's hitch to torque way the h311 down in da ting.

037A3797-09CD-4FC0-A474-C6FF5215E3A5_zps3ykzt7be.jpg

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Very cool!

Yes, I did look them up! :lol: :lol: