• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Kill with my Satori

BowhunterXC

I'll start by saying I don't like how this played out, but it is done. :confused: I had a doe come in to 10 yards and I took a broadside shot, but it hit her high enough in the shoulder to break her spine. She dropped and I quickly followed up with a second shot, while she was spinning around. The second shot hits her in the spine too, but from the bottom up. o_O The shots killed her, but it made her look like a freaking pin cushion. :rolleyes: Heavy bone hits on both shots....I guess I can be thankful that I was using a heavy arrow setup with a single bevel broadhead or things might not have turned out as good as they did for a kill.

Satori 19" riser with Uukha Gobi short limbs at 45# and a 540 TAW, 23% FOC and 175 gr. Steel Force single bevel. :cool:

Last edited:
These are the reasons we continue to develop our skills as a hunter. If you continue to absorb what you learn and grow from it you become a more proficient hunter. We have all experienced things not going as planned. I have hunted whitetail since 1965 and I'm still learning.

Back