• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Kill

It only took me 16 days and 2 missed shots to finally get one... a much different experience than rifle hunting! I love it!

Some folks go YEARS when they make the switch to archery hunting to put their first animal on the ground. Congratulations.
Man 16 days felt like years. It's a whole thing to be smooth with your adrenaline going and not be clumsy smacking the arrow on things and pulling back the bow. Etc. I had no idea until day 1. And I've been shooting a bow for nearly a year daily to practice... still missed 2 deer before landing this one. It's very quiet and enjoyable in a different sort of way though.

Congrats! Is your bow the diamond with the carbon fiber riser? Only beef I have with my synergy is the weight.
Wow... great eye. Yeah dude that's the one. Love it. But I have little to compare to. Bought it based on much review reading about bows in similar price range.

Wow... great eye. Yeah dude that's the one. Love it. But I have little to compare to. Bought it based on much review reading about bows in similar price range.
I'm a bit of a connoisseur. Actually own the first ever carbon fiber riser bow. To my knowledge anyways. PSE...something. Probably 30 something years old now. Weighs nothing.

Trade off on all of them is vibration and noise. I shot yours pretty regular in the shop, and it wasnt too bad for a carbon fiber bow. About on par with my Mathews Feather Lite, which is still one of my favorite bows.

Anyway, looks like yours is perfectly functional! Hope you can put a few more notches in it this year.

Man 16 days felt like years. It's a whole thing to be smooth with your adrenaline going and not be clumsy smacking the arrow on things and pulling back the bow. Etc. I had no idea until day 1. And I've been shooting a bow for nearly a year daily to practice... still missed 2 deer before landing this one. It's very quiet and enjoyable in a different sort of way though.
At least for me, archery hunting speaks to my soul. There are alot of minute details that go into a successful hunt. Heck, there are alot that go into an UNsuccessful hunt. I try to take lessons away from every hunt. Congrats again.

Back