• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Lite sale

dmarti0326

I'm looking to capitalize on this First Lite sale going on right now until Thursday.

I purchased the Solitude Bibs and Jacket last year during their sale and I thought they were really solid. This year I'm hoping to cop some mid-layer, base-layer, or early season pieces. Anyone got any good recommendations or warnings against some pieces?

Wick ss and hoody are great baselayers and can be used stand alone for early season. Furnace set is warm and the zip offs are nice so you don’t over heat on the walk in. Klamath is versatile as a mid layer and more durable and cuts wind a bit better as an outer than merino. Uncompahgre puffy pants aren’t silent or super durable but are warm, block wind, and pack really well for those days when you don’t need/want to pack bibs. They can double as more insulation under the solitude if it’s really cold or windy too. I really like the unc vest but they discontinued it. The talus fingerless gloves, neck gaiter, and tundra balaclava are my favorite accessories.

I wasn’t a fan of the guide lite pants and thought they were expensive and loud for what they are.

corrugate guide pants are amazing all purpose pants... i use them throughout turkey and deer season in MN. i just got into getting the underlayers but the kiln set and the klamath quarter zip seem top tier... also love the taulus gloves and the tundra balaclave...

Corrugate guide pants are the most comfortable and versatile camo pants I've ever worn. Also love my wick ls and catalyst pants and jacket.

Bought some wick baselayers and a hat. I was waffling on the guide pants. I guess I should've pulled the trigger...

If you don't mind your pants not being camo you might check out the wrangler performance cargo pants. They are a nylon/spandex blend - at nearly the same percentages as the guide pants I believe - but they are only $22 at walmart. I'm admittedly something of a first lite junkie, but even I couldn't justify the guides when I could get a pant that as essentially the same for 20% of the price

If you don't mind your pants not being camo you might check out the wrangler performance cargo pants. They are a nylon/spandex blend - at nearly the same percentages as the guide pants I believe - but they are only $22 at walmart. I'm admittedly something of a first lite junkie, but even I couldn't justify the guides when I could get a pant that as essentially the same for 20% of the price

I already have several pair of those that I love. That’s a big part of why I didn’t pull the trigger. I just can’t see the FL guides being THAT much better…

Back