• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First longbow buck and first saddle success

Congratulations that’s really nice there! What type of longbow is that If ya dont mind me asking.

Excellent!
Congrats brother.
Tell us the details.

First saw him at about 50 yards down a hill. Slowly worked his way towards me. I hid behind the tree. He stopped about 15 yards away and started rubbing his face in the leaves of a small elm but was facing me. The wind was in my face so I just waited for the right time. As he rubbed his face on the low hanging branches he got to about 12 yards and turned broadside and he was on my strong side. Short recovery.

Back