• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Muzzleloader Hunt With Saddle= Success!

It’s getting late in the season for me and muzzleloader season is on here in Ohio. Decided to go back up to the same spot where I missed my chance on the ten point because I was fiddling with my camera instead of drawing my bow. I thought about doing spot and stalk from the ground but felt it would be good to start in the saddle to get a better view. About 8:45 this morning a big doe came in from behind my left shoulder. She went past me and then turned my direction again. She gave me the shot at 50 yards and I dropped her on the spot. That felt amazing. I was able to get it all on video as well. I’m tagged out for my county and most likely going to be done for the year.

It’s been a fun couple of months learning the saddle. Since Oct 29th I’ve hunted 17 times out of it. I feel very comfortable with my set up and my speed has certainly increased since day one. I still have some kinks to work out over the summer. One things for sure, there’s no going back to the climber.

Im excited to start the editing and share the journey of my 2018 season. I’ll share it here or you can check out my YouTube channel Shedding Light Outdoors.

Thanks for all the info and tips you guys share. What I like about this site and you all is your attitude and willingness to help without being a jerk about it. Seems like so many of the forums and the Facebook pages have a lot of drama and trolls. I appreciate you guys and your tips and comments.

681d37014dc2db01489b14b75d968289.jpg
3db3bd8f181d4fb1a80a6dfe211c5035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back