• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle experience

matt76cmich

Being a bigger guy I was sceptical of using a traditional saddle and ordered a JX3. Since then i have been wanting to at least try a saddle and have missed opportunities for local meet and greets which lead me to order a Flex as I have read they are a little better at being bigger guy friendly. With the looong wait of the Flex I had been seeing posts of guys ordering from a guy in Michigan named Heath Hartt. Since I just live north of him and with a 100% money back guarantee if I was unhappy with it I figured I'd give it a shot. I ordered an XL in tan on Monday July 29th and it was at my house Thursday August 1st. I got to spend some time in it last night I I eventually found a sweet spot as far as bridge length and tether height. I hung out in it for roughly 3 hours and the only thing I ended up finding uncomfortable was wearing my soft sandals while standing on wild edge steps as my platform lol. I still need lots of practice, but if the Flex isn't any more comfortable its getting canceled or sold (whichever comes first). One of the pics is of Heath's camo pattern and the rest are of this big guy hanging in a tree 12"s off the ground lol.
81791ff7a746b65bfa4c8633d69ad8c1.jpg
6371de7e3bccba9fc434963a678c9490.jpg
064ad2e301d877c7a53799b122005f85.jpg
50382e6f2029772935b2b96bcc2677e5.jpg
8baefa0bfba856c09c7c64a5c84c36bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sweet! So that’s the saddle Heath Hart’s is making. Is it a Kestrel clone? Or is it his design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you order heath Hart’s saddle if you don’t have Facebook.

Sweet! So that’s the saddle Heath Hart’s is making. Is it a Kestrel clone? Or is it his design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not really sure. Other than the JX3 this is the first saddle I've ever had my hands on.

How do you order heath Hart’s saddle if you don’t have Facebook.
I think he's on here, but couldn't tell you his screen name. Facebook is the only way I've gotten ahold of him.

Good looking saddle. Sorry, I don’t know anything about this guy or his business, but if he is selling these, do you know if he’s done any kind of safety testing? The lineman loop attachments to the saddle in particular don’t look very strong which made we wonder.... also, how is the webbing bridge attached?

Just don’t want anyone to get hurt assuming that it’s as strong and safe as what New Tribe, Tethrd or the other reputable manufacturers.

#redsquirrelsyearofsafety

Good looking saddle. Sorry, I don’t know anything about this guy or his business, but if he is selling these, do you know if he’s done any kind of safety testing? The lineman loop attachments to the saddle in particular don’t look very strong which made we wonder.... also, how is the webbing bridge attached?

Just don’t want anyone to get hurt assuming that it’s as strong and safe as what New Tribe, Tethrd or the other reputable manufacturers.

#redsquirrelsyearofsafety
No testing as far as I know, his disclaimer is this is for ground use only, but materials are legit. When I talked to him on the phone he said to make sure you dont hook in to the linsman loops for the bridge and the webbing bridge is tied in with water knots. I'm going to PM you his marketplace add (not sure if its allowed to post in here) so you can see what he has better. As for now this is being used to get acclimated to saddles until my Flex ships Oct 4th (I really hope it ships Oct 4th anyway).

Back