• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle hunt today

Cahaba

Just got the saddle in a couple days ago, got to try it out today and was surprised to find myself leaning a good bit more than sitting. Might not have had it in the best position for sitting, but the microfit adjusters were definitely a plus.

Don’t have a platform currently. Stood on top of my helium sticks. Could have used a couple screw-in steps on either side of the tree, but still super comfy! Took the rifle and was not surprised that strong side shots would take some maneuvering, but I shoot both right/left handed

Can’t wait to add a platform and flatten a deer with the ole Mossberg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the saddle in a couple days ago, got to try it out today and was surprised to find myself leaning a good bit more than sitting. Might not have had it in the best position for sitting, but the microfit adjusters were definitely a plus.

Don’t have a platform currently. Stood on top of my helium sticks. Could have used a couple screw-in steps on either side of the tree, but still super comfy! Took the rifle and was not surprised that strong side shots would take some maneuvering, but I shoot both right/left handed

Can’t wait to add a platform and flatten a deer with the ole Mossberg.

A platform changes the game with a saddle and in my opinion is dang near a necessity. I was surprised to find that I lean a lot more than sit too. I don’t really think sitting is that comfortable to be honest. At least I haven’t found a great way it works yet. It leaning is almost as relaxing as sitting for me anyway. And somehow I seem to stay a lot warmer leaning too.

Just a world apart compared to lugging an 18 lb lock on in and out wearing an uncomfortable harness.

Back