• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Saddle Hunt

dcbakr78

This evening I hunted from my diy sitdrag/RCH saddle for the first time and killed my first deer from it, a decent 6 point. Not a giant but a good bow kill, especially for my first hunt and first deer from a saddle. I’ve hunted for over 30 years, and I was as excited to kill this deer as any I can recall. I’m not one to post much, but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the guidance, ideas, and information in general. This forum has been invaluable in putting together my setup. I still have to figure out how to tweek my setup to eliminate some hip pinch and leg/foot fatigue, but overall I’m pleased. Thanks again to all of you.

Back