• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Saddle Hunt

Got my Aero Kestrel yesterday! Tried it out in my backyard and decided to give it a go last night. I realized quickly I need better accessories to hold my Millennium sticks, tether, and Wild Edge Stepps. Also realized most of the trees on my little property aren’t very straight. Finally got up in a tree overlooking my front yard. Had a doe come in below me but spotted my movement when I tried to stand. I’m excited to experiment and get this down to a science. The hardest part for me is getting those Wild Edge Stepps to cam over properly. Not sure I’m doing it right. Can't wait to go out again!IMG_1693.jpgIMG_1693.jpgIMG_1707.JPG

That’s the fun part , you ain’t gonna figure it all out on night one. Keep at it you’ll figure out what suits you. As for We stepps there’s a sweet spot for how tight you get them & how high you pull up as you try to cam them. Keep playing around with camming them at ground level. Make sure you stretch the ropes & have the rope inside the stand offs before you cam. That’s just some quick troubleshooting.... you got it man!

Back