• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle kill

M. Wilson

Saturday morning I was able to check multiple firsts off my list for things to accomplish this year. I shot a big nanny at 16 yds out If my Tethrd phantom. It was my first kill out of a saddle, first kill with my VXR, and the first deer I’d shot with fixed blade heads. I was pretty proud of myself. I was hoping she would come in on my left (strong) side but of course that didn’t happen. So my first kill was a weak side, approximately a 2:00 shot. Drilled her. Thanks for all the info from you guys here and introducing me to this amazing hunting tool. Fast forward to tonight and my target buck almost had an arrow launched at him too. 31 yds, but never presented a shot opportunity. First daylight sighting too. I know where he comes from now though. That is key info to make a good set up on him

Attachments

• B273E273-CD62-434E-A22B-FAF4FC564070.jpeg
    B273E273-CD62-434E-A22B-FAF4FC564070.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 59BA64C6-7DB4-4923-8699-17930E5191A2.jpeg
    59BA64C6-7DB4-4923-8699-17930E5191A2.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 58
Congratulations and now you are zoned in with a full season still to go after the target buck.

Saturday morning I was able to check multiple firsts off my list for things to accomplish this year. I shot a big nanny at 16 yds out If my Tethrd phantom. It was my first kill out of a saddle, first kill with my VXR, and the first deer I’d shot with fixed blade heads. I was pretty proud of myself. I was hoping she would come in on my left (strong) side but of course that didn’t happen. So my first kill was a weak side, approximately a 2:00 shot. Drilled her. Thanks for all the info from you guys here and introducing me to this amazing hunting tool. Fast forward to tonight and my target buck almost had an arrow launched at him too. 31 yds, but never presented a shot opportunity. First daylight sighting too. I know where he comes from now though. That is key info to make a good set up on him
Congrats brother, nice doe

Back