• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

first saddle kill

stonewall308

Well, it started out as a very tough year for me in that I made the same mistake I always do and hunted my tail off during the October lull, ending up very frustrated and wondering whether deer even exist. Even the first week of November was extremely slow (unseasonably warm in my area). I took off work Nov 1-15 to hunt, and November 1-9 I saw exactly two deer from the tree. Then it all turned around and I shot three bucks in 8 days, starting on Nov 10.

This buck was my first saddle kill, first muzzeloader kill, and first state forest kill, all in one. And at the time it was the second deer I had seen in about a week and a half of hunting. I went down to the state forest on a trip with a few friends, and we all agreed that it was unlikely anyone would even see anything. After two days of hunting the group ended up killing four deer and a bear.

Attachments

• IMG_5920.jpg
    IMG_5920.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5984.JPG
    IMG_5984.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6030.jpg
    IMG_6030.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 76
Back