• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle sit. I’m HOOKED

Jmarzey

Well my first full sit in the saddle was this evening, i learned a lot. I’m using a modified sit drag with a summit buckstep as my platform. Took my time and got up super quiet close to some bedding on a steep ridge. Had deer all over me starting at about 5. Loved the way i could move around the tree and hide from the deer. Had a few does hanging around late and decided that i needed to go ahead and get one out of the saddle. Made a good shot that lead to a short drag.

Takeaways:
-For me, finding a tree with a split trunk or two trees close together is the ticket. I really like being able to lean back against the tree of i want to take the pressure off my back side.
- i think i need to shorten my bridge and get the angle more towards the tree to keep the sit drag from sliding up (really not that bad I’m just OCD)
- if i put the top of my buckstep even with the top of my last stick, i can move around better and and ends up being more comfortable for my feet
-I’m gonna try my hand at making a platform. The buckstep works and it’s convenient, i just want a little more room

In all I’m loving the fact that the saddle trend exploded, but i just wish i would have found it sooner!!

96a894c57516efd1ca24f548acf48323.jpg
b1c280fae1384d67d9ba5079a7d6c194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice deer ,lovely wife . Dont hunt too much you would not want to lose her .

Last night was my first saddle hunt. I Love it. A few more hunts and I’ll have the bigs ironed out and will be able to fly up the tree pretty quick. (18 min from ground to ready to kill last night)

Found that I definitely need knee pads and need to make a back band. Also need to shorten the tails on my distal hitch a bit

In all I’m loving the fact that the saddle trend exploded, but i just wish i would have found it sooner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't we all? Welcome to the club, haha!
Congrats on your success!:'

Back