• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle sit!

Cript2014

Well I’m sitting here in the saddle and I’ve got to say I’m glad I have all summer to get ready for next season lol as I was climbing the buckle on the knaider broke almost had a bad spill as I got to hunting height I was getting my jacket out of my pack to hang it till I needed in on a little wile well i missed the hook (I was looking behind me heard something walking) so the jacket fell to the ground and my light is in my pocket on the jacktet so now I won’t have my knaider or light going down but all in all my home made fleece saddle feels great can’t wait to see what the kite feels like I ordered it back in mid November and have still yet to receive it but that’s the way it goes now just be nice to see one slip out of this bedding area and work their way to the river bottom behind me!

Attachments

• 5541170C-1C06-451E-AEDE-08D2B943DB8C.png
    5541170C-1C06-451E-AEDE-08D2B943DB8C.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
Awesome. As @ImThere says you will get your system down and it will become second nature. That said, tonight was a comedy of errors for me (I hope no one witnessed it first hand). I was late getting in as I the spot I was planning on going to had two trucks parked in it so I had to head to a backup spot. I was single stick climbing with a short tether and had moved my stick twice and must not have gotten the rope for the stick full in the cam cleat after the second move so when I stepped into the aider the stick came off the tree and fell to the ground leaving me hanging there dangling 10-12 feet off the ground. I've been single sticking all year but this is a first for me. Luckily I had a backup plan and my rappel rope was in my pack on my back so I girth hitched it to the tree, set up my rappel system and and transferred my weight to it. I was then able to remove the short tether and rappel down the tree, reattach the stick and start over. Just goes to show you things can happen even with a tried and true system.

Back