• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Scrape Of The Season!!

Typically scrapes opened this early are by a buck with a breeding season behind him so it may be a 2 1/2 year old that made it.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the larger/older bucks would make the early season scrapes. (In our part of east Texas the 2.5 to 4.5 year old bucks. The ones you hear about but never see!)

Found this pawing this week in an old scrape that's been there for years.
a2be95db89eac47d609e91a44808e7fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the larger/older bucks would make the early season scrapes. (In our part of east Texas the 2.5 to 4.5 year old bucks. The ones you hear about but never see!)

Correct, older bucks (2 1/2 year old and older) almost always open the early scrapes and then other subordinate bucks will also use them once opened.

Back