• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Self-Filmed Hunt

LASOutdoorsmen

Sep 2, 2014
[youtube]SBrflvkV1gk[/youtube]
This hunt was very special to me because I have put a lot of time and thought into this property. I very excited to be able to film my hunt. I knew they it would be worthwhile. Some of the new things I've been trying out this year is bring a pack, using knee pads, and being detail with keeping my gear scent free. Even though this wasn't the biggest buck I've encountered, he was the most skittish deer I've encountered. I was glad to be able to get within 15 yards of him. He approached from by off side and was about 30yds out. When he turned towards me I had already had my sight sight for 30. I tried to compensate for that by aiming low, but with the holly tree in the way it was kind of hard. I will say I found the Climb Paws to be a nice platform. I'm just going to have to keep trying though.