• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First sit in H2 Slingshot. Will continually update with more use.

Aleslin90

Hey all.

I wanted to start a thread where I will continually update my thoughts on my new H2 Slingshot saddle.

I got the version with the leg straps, as I am new to saddles. I got my first sit in this past Sunday 10/20. I sat in the saddle for just over two hours. Once I was at height and set up, it took me a bit to get comfortable and fully trust everything. Strange feeling having your back to the open air like that for the first time. Once I got settled in and got used to it, I really enjoyed it. I felt secure, and loved the two sitting positions I tried as well as leaning. I'll probably find myself being more of a leaner than a sitting, which is the opposite of what I expected. One thing I took away from the sit is that I need to shorten my Prusik loop, and maybe my bridge.

As for the saddle, I can not say enough so far about the quality. The stitching all looks absolutely bomb proof. There is no doubt that Heath is building a quality product, and equally important is that he prices his product well.

As mentioned I will update this thread with each sit I get in.

Attachments

• treesaddlesit1.jpg
    treesaddlesit1.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 71
  • h2slingshot1.jpg
    h2slingshot1.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 71
  • h2slingshot2.jpg
    h2slingshot2.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 68
Cool. Just remember when you shorten your bridge you might induce hip pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Just remember when you shorten your bridge you might induce hip pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I just shortened my prusik. Will see how much that helps first. Should be all that is needed.

Back