• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First sit in the sir drag.. wow!!

DanielB89

Well, tonight was my first ever time to sit in my sit drag. It was very comfortable. No complaints. I would say it was better than the trophy line saddle I have after 1 sit. The best part is I managed to kill my largest buck ever while sitting in it. It was all lucky timing, but, I loved the concealment of the saddle also the versatility to allow me to lean whichever way necessary to shoot through the small holes. I am liking the saddle hunting more and more. Still trying to work out my climbing method, but over all, I'm very pleased!

I was hunting a transition area that didn't leave much time to make decisions and it was incredibly thick in there. From the time of seeing the buck until the shot was less than 30 seconds. He came walking out of a thicket checking a run line. I had 3 holes to shoot through in the direction he came from. He passed through 2 facing straight at me. When he got to the 3rd, he was the slightest bit quartering to my right. I had to take the shot, and I did. Upon impact the buck dropped in his tracks, I quickly put a second arrow in him to be sure he passed as quickly as possible.

This is the 1st rack buck I've ever seen from stand. Biggest buck ever and I believe I'll be putting him on the wall.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_8630.JPGIMG_8632.JPGIMG_8633.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good one! I like my sit drag for some situations. What I didn't realize was the benefit of knee pads while hanging from it. I bought some over the summer but never wore them in the tree until a couple weeks ago. What a difference they make!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, tonight was my first ever time to sit in my sit drag. It was very comfortable. No complaints. I would say it was better than the trophy line saddle I have after 1 sit. The best part is I managed to kill my largest buck ever while sitting in it. It was all lucky timing, but, I loved the concealment of the saddle also the versatility to allow me to lean whichever way necessary to shoot through the small holes. I am liking the saddle hunting more and more. Still trying to work out my climbing method, but over all, I'm very pleased!

I was hunting a transition area that didn't leave much time to make decisions and it was incredibly thick in there. From the time of seeing the buck until the shot was less than 30 seconds. He came walking out of a thicket checking a run line. I had 3 holes to shoot through in the direction he came from. He passed through 2 facing straight at me. When he got to the 3rd, he was the slightest bit quartering to my right. I had to take the shot, and I did. Upon impact the buck dropped in his tracks, I quickly put a second arrow in him to be sure he passed as quickly as possible.

This is the 1st rack buck I've ever seen from stand. Biggest buck ever and I believe I'll be putting him on the wall.

Thanks for reading!

View attachment 3523View attachment 3524View attachment 3525

Nice one congrats

Good one! I like my sit drag for some situations. What I didn't realize was the benefit of knee pads while hanging from it. I bought some over the summer but never wore them in the tree until a couple weeks ago. What a difference they make!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a pair that I use. Oddly, I didn't feel like I needed to even take them out of my pack this time. In the Trophy Line, I used them the whole time, and enjoyed them. In the sit drag, I didn't really need to. Could have been dumb limb, but it worked out that way!

"Sir drag"... sounds like the name of an creepy uncle i'd rather not visit or sit on his lap.

Oh and congrats on the buck :D

Thanks for reading!

View attachment 3523View attachment 3524View attachment 3525

Man nice buck, tall rack I’d definitely put him up somewhere!!

Congrats Man! Hopefully its the start of many more to come!

Back