• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First thoughts

Cody Walker

New to the saddle team. After evolving my stands from old wooden hangons that my great grandpa built and sitting on the ground, to ladder stands, to cheap hangons, to a muddy vantage hanging that you could pre-set several trees with the brackets. I've now received a sit drag saddle.

It came in the mail today along with tether rope and amsteel. I spliced an amsteel whoopie sling for am adjustable bridge since I didnt know what was going to be the most comfortable and used a carabiner and prussik from an old safety line that I have.

I got everything put together and got in a small tree in the back yard and so far I love it. The mosquitoes were biting pretty good so I didnt stay long but I think I'm going to like it. Going to try using a muddy stick as my platform and see how that works.

Make sure you wear a rock climbing harness with the sit drag. It’s not meant for use off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, planning on using my muddy harness with the sitdrag. Haven't tried them together yet

Back