• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First time hunting in a saddle.

Transition

This weekend was my first weekend saddle hunting. Very windy but I had to try it anyway.

With my hawk helium sticks and platform I bought off the classifieds here, I was up in the tree in no time.

My homemade double sit drag was pretty comfortable for a three hour sit. Very little hip pinch and I experimented with different saddle to teather height.

The only issue was that I had soft rubber boots and my feet got a little sore.

All in all it was a good night. I like being mobile and the options of shots and moving around the tree that the saddle gives me. Being almost 60 years old I can't carry the heavy Treelounges anymore. I do have a Lonewolf but even that does not compare to the light weight and easy of set up.

Thanks everyone here for all the information and ideas you share.

Back