• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First time saddle user questions

Matki15

Hey guys, i have been looking into saddle hunting for a month or two now and it seems perfect for my style of hunting. Being a college student I’m trying to find inexpensive options to just start off with and I’ve narrowed it down to a either sit drag or a fleece saddle. I’ve looked at all the threads I could find on this site and these questions are the only parts I don’t quite understand about the fleece saddle just yet. Do y’all double over the fleece? What measurements do you cut the fleece out to? What direction do y’all prefer the stretch to run? And for people who’ve used both fleece and the sit drag, which one do y’all prefer?Thanks for y’alls help!

Look up Davet1963 on YouTube, he has a great explanation on making a fleece saddle. Not sure if it’s a dedicated video or if it’s in a video about something else. I do remember he’s standing in his kitchen, so maybe that’ll narrow it down when looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back