• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

first time using my saddle today

turkeyhunter91

my step son wanted a few stands set to hunt out of this season. even before i hurt my back after hanging and taking down stands my back would usually be tired and hurting. well today i took down 3 stands and hung 2 double sets and the saddle paid for itself. it was really nice to just put my tether up and set down to work on the stands, 1 of them had a strap on the back side of the tree and i was able to just keep 1 foot on the ladder and swing around the tree so it was right in front of me. i hung from it some while we was setting in the stands and i believe im really gonna like this.

That’s great! I’ve gotten in mine a couple times and like it much better than a stand so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and congrats to both of you (and Amy other newcomers reading this)!

You will find the saddle to be much more comfortable and feel a lot more secure than the stands you have sat in before.

If you have questions ask away!

Be safe and conscious of your decisions when you start modifying things

And most of all have fun, and a great season ahead !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my step son wanted a few stands set to hunt out of this season. even before i hurt my back after hanging and taking down stands my back would usually be tired and hurting. well today i took down 3 stands and hung 2 double sets and the saddle paid for itself. it was really nice to just put my tether up and set down to work on the stands, 1 of them had a strap on the back side of the tree and i was able to just keep 1 foot on the ladder and swing around the tree so it was right in front of me. i hung from it some while we was setting in the stands and i believe im really gonna like this.
Ive been preaching about this for years. Hanging, and taking down lock-on and ladder stands is soooo much better when tethered in a saddle. Linemans belts suck for hanging stands.
Its one of the most overlooked, and underused benefits of a saddle.

Back