• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fishing trip

IkemanTX

My dad treated the family to one last fishing trip before my stepmom retires this year. Everyone but my sister was able to make it, and we had an awesome time. We didn’t get to keep much, because Amber jack are out of season but we are wore out after fighting fish all day.
My wife caught a decent King Mackerel and a decent Amber Jack
0daf98c985f0c74733fcc74a967441cf.jpeg

d59c5709ff13fb1490c6ce8b9c2089e8.jpeg

f26bce40b71f0b4f20517cbc5250287f.jpeg

My son caught a small Mahi Mahi, a decent Amber Jack, and one HECK of a barracuda (40ish pounder)
72e8653905473b3ad7065062399dd63b.jpeg

344eb1e7df72c83bc4fe88a84c347002.jpeg

18048dc9c7e79de15c7f9d1faeb0ea8b.jpg

26871c2f795af26ea1a2af396df4fbb9.jpeg

And I got in a decent Amber Jack
373ef3df533de32c1662db3a8eb996bf.jpg

Sure was a lot of fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a god trip. I wish my wife could go offshore. I know she would have a blast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last time my wife went off shore was the summer of ‘92. My brothers and I went out with a few buddies out of Barnegat NJ to get mussels. The boat we were on was a diesel. Needless to say she sucked in a enough diesel fumes, she has not been off shore since.

Last time my wife went off shore was the summer of ‘92. My brothers and I went out with a few buddies out of Barnegat NJ to get mussels. The boat we were on was a diesel. Needless to say she sucked in a enough diesel fumes, she has not been off shore since.
Mine gets so seasick she actually gets disembarkment syndrome! The last time she was on up boat for any length of time she had to go to physical therapy for almost a month before the disembarkment syndrome subsided. I've never seen anything like it.

Mine gets so seasick she actually gets disembarkment syndrome! The last time she was on up boat for any length of time she had to go to physical therapy for almost a month before the disembarkment syndrome subsided. I've never seen anything like it.

That's bad. I've always made fun of my wife for getting seasick in the bay...

Dramamine works wonders. Start 12-18 hours prior to boarding, and stay on recommended max dose/frequency until at least 4 hours after.

Dramamine works wonders. Start 12-18 hours prior to boarding, and stay on recommended max dose/frequency until at least 4 hours after.

I use Ginger root pills from Walmart swear by em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just vomit profusely until there is nothing left and then I proceed to filling up the boat with Mahi-Mahi .

When I was a drunken Shrimper . Outbound hangovers were the worst. Through the jetty and over the rail I would be for at least a day. But laugh if you want to but Ginger root works. And the pills are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back