• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fixed vs. adjustable bridge?

mprooch

Just got a used aero kite. It’s awesome. Been out in the yard getting comfortable, seeing how to move, change positions, etc. it came with a fixed bridge but see a lot of newer saddles with adjustable. Can someone outline pros and cons? Seems like another way to adjust could be good for comfort. Also, feel like I’m in the leaner camp more than sitter. Given that how necessary is a back strap for long sits?

I’m a big fn of an adjustable bridge, but that’s partially because I one-stick climb and adjust the bridge very short for climbing and walking in. It is a great adjustment though to be able to help alleviate hip pinch and such.

As for the back band, previously I would have told you they weren’t necessary but I finally got one and had my first sit yesterday with it. I‘ll always have one with me from now on.

Back