• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fleece saddle safety question.

eightwgt

Guys, so question to guys actually USING fleece saddle....
So you have hung your last climbing stick...
You stand on top step...
Hang platform...
Now.... You have your fleece saddle...
You are connected via lineman belt/ rope <and wearing a RCH>

QUESTION ; How do you transition from lineman connection to hanging saddle all the while staying connected to tree at all times ?

Thanks in advance guys... just wanna make sure Im not gonna miss somthing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk[/I]

put your tether around the tree, connect tether to the bridge, connect tether to belay loop on RCH, sit down, remove linesman

or

put your tether around the tree, connect tether to the bridge, hook secondary linesman to tether sitdown, remove primary linesman (this is for the guys wearing a traditional harness with out belay) you basically have two bridges

I have done it two ways. The first way is while you are still connected with your lineman belt go ahead and put your teather on and hook your Bridge up and just put it over top your lineman system. Then after you are connected at two points, I usually tie off from my tether to my lineman belt again for a 3rd connection point. I then unhook lineman.

Yesterday I tried putting my fleece saddle on first and then I put my rock climbing harness over that and that has my lineman loops on it. It kept it in place better and it was more comfortable with no webbing in between my saddle and my pants. The only problem was it was very slippery and my rock climbing harness kept wanting to fall down if I didn't tighten it up well.
f76f6c33744f9b2658127fafdcde1f0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back