• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fleece saddle users, I have a quick question?

Bowhunter5262

Ok, I live in middle Georgia and hunt in middle Georgia. I want to do a DIY saddle to go with my harness. I want to go fleece because it sounds like it's comfortable and easy enough to DIY. But, I live where it's 110 degrees during bow season sometimes, and sometimes -5 degrees towards the end of the season in January. Fleece seems wonderful for the late season, will I sweat to death during bow season though?

I have fashioned a sling/ small hammock out of ripstop material in the past. Others have used ripstop and sewn DIY sitdrag like saddles. Just fyi, I always used a rock climbing harness for safety.

I have fashioned a sling/ small hammock out of ripstop material in the past. Others have used ripstop and sewn DIY sitdrag like saddles. Just fyi, I always used a rock climbing harness for safety.

Just in case you want an early and late season option... Not as comfy as fleece though

I have a harness already for the life safety part, just trying to figure the saddle part out.

Does this fabric sew up well? Or do you just bunch up the ends and girth hitch it?
I've sewn it up to make a pouch, I don't see why you couldn't for a saddle. You could girth hitch it if that doesn't work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Back