• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Flex back band question

Knik

So besides height adjustability, are there any advantages to using the supplied prusick cords to attach to the bridge? I'm honestly thinking about using a continuous loop through the carabiner instead, seems alot simpler than putting those prusicks on every time. Am I missing something?

I haven't used the new style back bands that go through the carabiner. However, I do like being able to easily slide the prussik loops down and get the back band out of the way when getting ready for a shot. I always wondered how that worked when run through the carabiner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Don’t do it.

At least not without first trying it with the prussics on the bridge.

So besides height adjustability, are there any advantages to using the supplied prusick cords to attach to the bridge? I'm honestly thinking about using a continuous loop through the carabiner instead, seems alot simpler than putting those prusicks on every time. Am I missing something?

It is easier. You'll probably lose those prusiks pretty fast.

Kind of hard to see but this is how I make and use my backbands. From the carabiner, there is a molle strap with 4-5 sections for adjustment. From there my continuous loop feeds through a D ring. This allows for rotation and allows you to get the backband really close to your body to keep it out of the way. There is also a tri glide at my side to adjust the continuous loop.

Attachments

• 2020-07-26_01.05.23.jpg
    2020-07-26_01.05.23.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 2020-07-26_01.04.33.jpg
    2020-07-26_01.04.33.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the replies
Kind of hard to see but this is how I make and use my backbands. From the carabiner, there is a molle strap with 4-5 sections for adjustment. From there my continuous loop feeds through a D ring. This allows for rotation and allows you to get the backband really close to your body to keep it out of the way. There is also a tri glide at my side to adjust the continuous loop.

I got ya, that's a great idea Murph. I'll have to fool around with that and see what I can come up with. Thank you!

Don’t do it.

At least not without first trying it with the prussics on the bridge.

I've used the backband every time that I practiced and really like it, the prusiks work great too. Advantage I see with the prusicks is that you have a lower attachment point on the bridge, instead of a higher one at the carabiner. I'm honestly looking for a simpler way to attach with, just to keep things simple and efficient. Just wanted to pick everyone's brains and see what kind of ideas you guys have. Again, thanks for the info guys.

Any new ideas? My stock prussiks on my flex fall off often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was going to be my new saddle but now it is my new back band.

I took an old piece of ratchet strap and made a loop. Super easy to loosen a side and let it move down when a deer approaches.

You will lose the supplied prusics if you’re not careful. I like the adjustability of having them and don’t feel like I’d have that with anything ran parallel with my bridge. I guess there’s all kinds of ways to run a back band, so I guess it’s just personal preference.

Ya i used my flex all last season. I climbed ip a fee times and the back band prussiks were at vase of tree. Pretty frustrating. They even have the red string from factory tied on them to prevent this.

I’ve ran it both ways and prefer a continuous loop through the carabiner. That said if you’re having comfort issues with hip pinch the prussik attachment on the bridge actually helps a little. Nothing drastic but sometimes a little is all you need.

How so?

Can't grab pictures right now. But if you look at it in terms of ends of a loop... One end is the end you connect your band to, which you pass through the other end loop to create your prussik. Put the oring on the end you pass the connecting end through, snugging it up to prevent the connecting end from slipping through.

Back