• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Flex seal on wild edge steps?

Bigzz2578

Hi all - New member here and new to saddle hunting. I've been using a rock climbing harness/linemans belt for a few years now so i think the transition will be pretty easy. Just ordered wild edge steps and wondering if anyone has used flex seal on these to dampen the metal noise? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

I tried flex seal on just the areas where the stepps touch while in the bag. Clear flexseal is not very durable, so while tying the knot and handling the stepps the coating comes off a little. When standing on the stepps, the coating comes right off. I also only brushed on a couple coats of it, but it didn't hold up is the slightest. I believe Most of the stepp users use vet tape to silence them. I haven’t tried any other methods at this point.

Hi all - New member here and new to saddle hunting. I've been using a rock climbing harness/linemans belt for a few years now so i think the transition will be pretty easy. Just ordered wild edge steps and wondering if anyone has used flex seal on these to dampen the metal noise? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
I believe your going to find out it will add to much weight. I've thought about this myself, but I came up with the following to dampen eliminate some sound20190623_154659.jpg20190623_154556.jpg

I never felt the need to sound deaden mine, but that's always a good idea because of bare metal... Flex seal isn't very durable, I wouldn't bother. Camo form tape would be a better option, last longer, and easy to replace when it does wear out.

Back