• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

flex seal spray for my predator

Kurt

I was thinking about spraying my whole platform to quiet it down. Anyone use it for such things? Wondering about durability, and adhesion.

I was thinking about spraying my whole platform to quiet it down. Anyone use it for such things? Wondering about durability, and adhesion.

Can I ask if yours is actually loud? I haven't had any complaints of the platform being loud. Maybe a couple noises coming from me not paying close enough attention, but i'm okay with those.

I sprayed it on cracking cables on a climber, was not happy with results

No it's not loud, I just wanted to insulate it against any bumps that could potentially be metallic. Mostly the cinch strap buckle.

I would use the gray and it takes multiple coats to make it really adhere.. Honestly I think you would have better luck with plasti dip.

No it's not loud, I just wanted to insulate it against any bumps that could potentially be metallic. Mostly the cinch strap buckle.
If all you are really after is eliminating a poosible noise with the cinch strap buckle just buy a vera strap/predatail (whatever he has settled on lol). Your money is better spent their, saves weight. I don't think you will be happy with the results of spraying it, plus that will ADD weight.

I put the yak grips over the buckles on my LW sticks and they work great for silencing. My predator strap that I bought on classifieds had a the fuzzy side of velcro taped to the buckle and it works equally as well. A little stealth tape on the post and you should be solid. predator.jpg

To answer your question about the flex seal or bed liner type paint, personally i wouldn't do it. Tried to use this on my dive weights to save a few bucks from buying them done already. It was a waste of time and didn't silence anything close to what i aimed for and ended up chipping off almost immediately. Just my 2 cents but the other mods seam to be way better all around...

Back