• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Florida quota and other limited entry hunt results

eddiegomes83

SH Member
Results are in. I got some decent hunts this time around. Got half moon, lake panasoffkee, lake woodruff, flying eagle, and goethe.

I got nothing, I’ll go hunt some sovereign land I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bit, plan on doing a bit more near home, I live on creek bottom. My main trip is Kentucky each year but I gotta keep myself sane when not up there

Understood. I live near a river as well that isnt developed.....ive been thinking of doing the same thing

I live just north of Tampa and got Croom and Upper Hillsborough - never stepped foot in either of these, time to get walking!

I enjoy the bow hunts on St.Vincent Island .Have not been in the last couple of years but they are a lot of fun.

I been there for the late muzzleloader deer. Buddy missed one, I saw one young sambar buck. Cool place, do you put in for the sambar hunts?

Cool, good luck! My huntin buddy’s cousin killed the second biggest on the island (as of 7-8 years ago when I went with them) it was like 740 pounds or something. The one I saw had maybe 12-15 inch antlers, he was way taller than the waist height brush. I guessed 400 pounds but have no clue how to age or judge something like that. It’s an experience out there for sure!

Cool to see more central Florida hunters on this forum. I'll be hunting public lands as well mostly. I'm starting out camping at Goethe for opening archery weekend. No quota permit required.

Cool to see more central Florida hunters on this forum. I'll be hunting public lands as well mostly. I'm starting out camping at Goethe for opening archery weekend. No quota permit required.
I may be seeing you out there. I wish they actually opened on opening weekend...goethe actually opens one weekend later.

Back