• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FNG from SE MI

sureshotscott

Staff member
SH Member
Hi, I'm Scott and I've been sober for.....oh wrong meeting.

Having decided I want to be stealthier and in less pain post-hunt this year, I'm looking to get into the tree in comfort using lightweight gear. So ditching the climber for a saddle is making more and more sense. I've been lurking for a few weeks and recently got approved and didn't notice this Welcome forum so here I am.

Have not decided on a saddle yet, but I'm digging through old threads and looking up stuff on youtube (at least they haven't ransomed the content there like Photobucket).

Seems like a pretty cordial group you guys got here. Nice job.

Welcome sir. Grab ahold of something and hang on ! This is a very informative bunch here. Oh ya get ready to open the wallet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am sure you will find more than enough information on here. I know I did. For starters. Just look at the different saddle designs. Don't worry about the climbing system or gear yet. Once you have the saddle, then go from there with the climbing system and everything else after that. It will help you not get overwhelmed. As mentioned, there is a boat load of information on here. If you can't find something, just ask!

Back