• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Foot ascender question

BenG

Those of you that use foot ascenders to climb up a rope is there any way to easily descend or pull the rope backwards through them? I didn't think it was a good possibility but I've never used them. I was thinking of just having a main tether and a foot tether to climb. Set the foot tether under the main tether and use the ascenders to walk up the foot tether then move the main tether up. Sit in the saddle and pull the rope back through the ascenders, slide the foot tether up and repeat. Probably more messing around then it's worth but is this at all a feasible idea?

Back