• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

For those about to one stick...

Davis21

Got a EWO stick with double step aider. I’ve never used the ones stick method, but thinking about giving it a go with the JX3 this year. Question is...how hard is it to use with the versa button and versa strap? Most videos I’ve seen use a cam cleat, just wondering if it would be a PIA with the button?

..... WE SALUTE YOU!

OH my bad. I'm excited it's way to close to season.
Edit: I think people get too hung up on attachment method. I started with the ol cam buckle, I'm partial to the cleat for the obvious, but think daisy chains are pretty easy too. I can never seem to get the versa on/off the button.

Daisy chains are easy but not easy as a cam cleat. You just have to be a tad closer when you grad your stick.

..... WE SALUTE YOU!

OH my bad. I'm excited it's way to close to season.
Edit: I think people get too hung up on attachment method. I started with the ol cam buckle, I'm partial to the cleat for the obvious, but think daisy chains are pretty easy too. I can never seem to get the versa on/off the button.
Nailed it, me too brother. I’ve got a diy Dailey chain am steel, and a versa, guess I’ll try em both and see what’s best between the two

I still like an 8mm rope on the button.
It's much easier for me to grab the tag end of the rope ( I leave it long on purpose) as I'm ready to ascend and give it a yank. This undoes the knot, but keeps the rope tight in the button so the stick doesn't take off. Then I loosen the rope to move the stick up the tree without the rope ever coming fully off the button. There is almost no way to drop your stick when doing this.
The cam cleat may be quicker, but I don't like the idea of the stick being able to come completely loose, dangle free, or possibly dropping altogether.

I still like an 8mm rope on the button.
It's much easier for me to grab the tag end of the rope ( I leave it long on purpose) as I'm ready to ascend and give it a yank. This undoes the knot, but keeps the rope tight in the button so the stick doesn't take off. Then I loosen the rope to move the stick up the tree without the rope ever coming fully off the button. There is almost no way to drop your stick when doing this.
The cam cleat may be quicker, but I don't like the idea of the stick being able to come completely loose, dangle free, or possibly dropping altogether.

It’s a possibility that all those things might happen but I have yet to hear of it happening. I used a cam cleat at my own risk for two years with no issues. Except for the mini cleat I broke while jumping on the stick to see if it would break and it broke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have been practicing for the last two months. I have climbed using cam buckle, Amsteel 1/4 rope mod, and 1/8 daisy chain. At this point, I prefer the cam buckle. The cam buckle on my beast stick is rock solid when attached to the tree and as easy to operate as the other two methods. I started with the cam buckle and maybe thats just what I got use to.

Back