• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Found a rock

BTaylor

SH Member
220088a23048796dd7f4ac0ff0c17696.jpg

I have hunted in these bottoms my whole life and have never seen a rock other than riprap on the banks in places. I studied on this for bit and well, I don’t have a freakin clue what it is or how it got there. Anybody ever seen a meteor?? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you looked at it on Google Earth? I've seen where it'll sometimes show a depression in the surroundings if a meteorite impact. I guess it might be hard to see with the river right there though if it was a meteorite impact.
I have zero clue but looks meteorite, volcanic or sea bed looking to me! Cool

Yeah, I was gonna say fossilized dinosaur poo, since it looks like a cow pie.
Interesting thought. I hadnt considered that. Thought about sending it to a friend at Game and Fish but then they would want to know where it is so they could go investigate. If it happened to be a T-rex turd, e'erbody and all their cousins would be down there screwin up the huntin.

Interesting thought. I hadnt considered that. Thought about sending it to a friend at Game and Fish but then they would want to know where it is so they could go investigate. If it happened to be a T-rex turd, e'erbody and all their cousins would be down there screwin up the huntin.

The upside is you'd be at least locally famous as the dinosaur poo hunter.

I guess dinosaur poo is pretty common! (even has it's own scientific name)

I actually want this now.

That rock in my pic is close to if not 6' across from left to right in the pic. Maybe all the pics in your link are dinosaur dingleberries.

That rock in my pic is close to if not 6' across from left to right in the pic. Maybe all the pics in your link are dinosaur dingleberries.

Well if a brontosaurus didn't make massive poops, then I don't think the world makes sense anymore! All that fiber.....

Thought it sorta looked volcanic too but if that were the case shouldnt there be more than one. That was what had me leaning it fell there rather risin up.

Have you dug under it a bit to see if maybe it is part of a fossilized tree stump?

Send it after your last day of hunting for the season

Was there ever industrial shipping type activity on the river? Might be a stupid question. Thinking a steam engine had to dump some fuel or something?

Back