• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fourth arrow carbon arm mod

Dietter700

Self filming out of the saddle this year I found that having both arms the same length on my fourth arrow carbon arm was cumbersome to get the camera around the tree at times with out clunking it off the tree.
After the season was over I looked out how my arm comes apart and if I could shorten it myself. Sure enough after pulling my camo vet tape off I found that it could be a pretty simple job.

I removed the set screw and the aluminum insert wouldn’t budge so I put a heat gun to it and heated it up quite a bit and it pulled right out.
Next I drew a line square as I could and cut the tube with a band saw. Before I cut it I wrapped the tube with tape to cut down on frays.
Next I cleaned up the burs on the end and slipped the aluminum end back in. Transferred measurements from the old set screw whole to the new end of the tube. And the rest is history. A little gold tip glue and some lock tight on the screw and I have an arm that not only is light but convenient to move the camera past the tree.

I considered my regrets if I were to ever tree stand hunt with the set up again and two things came to mind. 1) I really don’t think I’m going to be Treestand hunting much anymore at all. And 2) if I do I can still use my extension aluminum extension that I have laying around for when I did Treestand Hunt our of more bulky fixed stands and needed more length out of the arm.

In total I trimmed my top arm 4.5”

Here are some pics of the aftermath

4d2bb71293fe4552893958d1b6af61b1.jpg
34b104053e2414bb052e50658e15c6fd.jpg
a1337b86d58fe3e5944632e212686732.jpg
f9439309d36d77fd2f4840be7dc13e4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back