• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Free Solo

JCLINE84

Vendor Rep
If you guys happen to have Disney plus you should check out this documentary called Free Solo. It can be a little boring in the middle but I was on the edge of my seat for the entire ending while this guy attempted to climb El Capitan without any gear or ropes. Just his bare hands. Absolutely insane and impressive.

If you guys happen to have Disney plus you should check out this documentary called Free Solo. It can be a little boring in the middle but I was on the edge of my seat for the entire ending while this guy attempted to climb El Capitan without any gear or ropes. Just his bare hands. Absolutely insane and impressive.
My wife got a kick out of me pacing the living room and yelling at the TV every time they showed the top down perspective with thousands of feet of nothing below him(which was a ton).

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I must be thinking of a different climber.
Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
There is no shortage of ones that did die. This was a great documentary though. I like that he didn't climb until everything felt right.

Yes, I watched it a few months ago. Absolutely amazing. And insane. I could really relate to the emotion of his friend the cameraman at the bottom who couldn’t bear to watch. If I went into that movie not knowing if he made it or not, I don’t know if I could have finished watching it!

Despite knowing that he lives i white knuckled my couch the entire time.

I think they did a brain scan on that guy and the fear parts of his brain don’t light up like typical

There’s a documentary on wing suits also super dangerous

I love that guy. He’s so humble and his practical explanation for why he solo climbs sort of makes sense. Don’t get me wrong I still think he’s nuts but I like his personality. And can you imagine his grip strength.

The other thing about that Documentary that was amazing me was during the parts where they described the hardest parts of climb you can tell he had that entire climb memorized down to the small finger movements. I thought that was really impressive.

The other thing about that Documentary that was amazing me was during the parts where they described the hardest parts of climb you can tell he had that entire climb memorized down to the small finger movements. I thought that was really impressive.
I can't remember what I had for breakfast.....

Dean Potter was another known for his free solo climbs, died in a wing suit accident. I think he was attempting to glide through a rock arch type formation and didn’t make it.
Yeah I watched a whole documentary on Dean Potter's wing suit stuff, the guy had ba!!$ I'll give him that.

Playing with your life is just plain disrespectful for those that love you. Props for the talent, but life is precious.

Couldn’t agree more

It’s been awhile since I watched it, but I seem to remember someone asking him about loved ones in the documentary. IIRC, he seemed to not understand that others would miss him. He felt if he were to die, life would go on uninterrupted for everyone else. Kinda sociopathic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I had the same discussion after we watched it and my take was I agree, life is precious and should be spent doing as much of the stuff you love to do and as little of the stuff you have to do. What’s the saying, “find something you love to do and you will never work a day in your life.”
Seems pretty selfish of me to tell my kids to find their passion and work hard to be successful in it but then make them stop so I don’t get hurt if worst case scenario should happen.

Back